The following recipe is a guest post from eMeals, a service that’s helped thousands of people get dinner on the table quickly and affordably since 2003.
The best part of any slow-cooker recipe is that you can basically throw everything in a pot and walk away – perfect for busy moms who have errands to run and (gasp) maybe even want to take a shower.
These pulled pork sliders are great served as appetizers or party snacks – they’re sure to be gobbled right up! Just make sure you start ahead of time, as they’re meant to ideally cook for 8 or so hours.
6 lb bone-in pork should roast, trimmed
2 teaspoons salt, 2 teaspoons pepper
18 oz bottle barbecue sauce
½ cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 (12-count) packages slider buns
16 oz jar bread and butter pickles
1. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper.
2. Combine roast, barbecue sauce, broth and vinegar in a 5- to 7-quart slow cooker.
3. Cover and cook on Low 8 hours or until roast is very tender.
4. Remove pork to a cutting board; shred with 2 forks.
5. Return pork to slow cooker, and discard bones.
6. Toss pork to coat with sauce; serve on slider buns with pickles.
Want to take the stress out of dinner? No matter what style food you like, eMealsoffers weekly meal plans to make meal planning simple.